Thursday, January 28, 2010

Newbie on White Scars...

Yep, I'm a newbie.

Last August a friend and my girlfriend (Krystle) walked into the local GamesWorkshop store and immediately fell in love with the game. So Krys dragged me along to it a couple weeks later, and we both ended up buying a starter kit and a hardcover rules book. We then traded units (I took the Space Marines and she took the lowly Orks). And so it began.

Krystle and I both took the new Academy program, so we got the basics of the game and model building (along with the swag like paint and a free model kit :).

Looking through the SM codex, I wasn't sure which chapter to play... until I found myself eyeing the White Scars.

My army consists of mainly the two starter kits, plus some other models that I got for Christmas (which I haven't put together yet). Hopefully I'll be able to finish those off soon for some good games.

I have next to no experience making and painting models, but so far it's been pretty fun. One thing I really find myself enjoying is the painting. So this blog will likely focus on that aspect, with a few paltry game logs in between...

No comments: